Welome to the senior road running pages. Hopefully you’ll find all the information you need here, but if not, drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org
Road Running Team
Your road running team consists of two Road Running captains: Sarah Fogg and Jon Oliver. Come and find us at the club and say hello if you have any questions.
Seniors meet for three sessions a week (all from the clubhouse):
- Tuesday evenings for intervals either speed or hills @6:30 for 6:45pm start
- Wednesday evenings for a group run (4 to 7 mile options) @6:30 for 6:45pm start
- Sunday mornings for a long run (options from 6-16 miles or further on request) @8:30 for 8:45am start
See more information on our regular meets (opens in new tab)
Whether its for fun, fitness, charity or competition, you will usually find a MAC contingent racing somewhere most weekends, whether it’s in local races or further afield across the UK and abroad. Whether you’re a first timer or seasoned competitor, it’s always nice to have a friendly face in the club vest to share lift, a word of encouragement or a post-race cake!
We have a number of target races through the year (more of that later), but for those and any other events, here’s some things to bear in mind when you’re entering a race:
- Discounts – If you are a competing member of the club you will usually get a discount on race entry (if you have paid the England Athletics Registration supplement – see membership pages for details)
- Club name – Please select or state “Maidenhead AC” as your club when entering races rather than any other variation – this makes it easier to see and collate results
- Tell people – As well as chatting while out running, we have a Facebook group and a Strava club – perfect for posting ‘I’ve just entered X – who else fancies it?’. Lift shares and pre/post meet-ups etc. can then be arranged.
- Wear club kit! – Easier to spot people before and after, not mention in the event photos! Club kit is available from Thames Valley Sports.
- Race report – Remember to decide who will email a race report to email@example.com for the newsletter – it doesn’t have to be war & peace, just a few words to review the race and don’t forget the results!
As well as road races, there is also a Cross Country league in the Autumn and Winter months which is a great way to build strength for road running and the Summer 5K series to help with the speed
The Maidenhead AC road running season runs alongside the membership year from April to March. Results during a year can contribute to a number of awards, some of which are age graded, some are purely based on finish time or position and there is also a handicap race. For the 2018-19 season the awards format is changing and all the details can be found on the awards page.
Each year, a number of local races are nominated as ‘target races’. The aim of these is twofold: firstly, results contribute to the Club Championship awards; secondly and more importantly, these races are an opportunity for MAC to turn out as a team and HAVE FUN! All members are encouraged to enter and run and for many races, we have secured guaranteed entries for members as well as discounts for some races. So whether you’re in the running for an award or want to be part of a sea of red, white & black – turn up and be part of Team MAC!!
Click for the target races for: