2018 Summer 5K Series
Welcome to the 2018 edition of the Thames Valley Association of Running Clubs Summer 5K Series.
The £7 entry fee for the whole series can be paid by members alongside their annual subs or termly fees (for juniors 12 and over). You can also log back into paysubsonline and pay it separately if you’ve already paid your subs. It is ticked by default for seniors but an optional extra for juniors). Access the payments system.
Since 1992, an association of running clubs from the Thames Valley have met together every year for a series of 5K races. These races are friendly and competitive and cater for all runners from the associated clubs. Every runner that takes part has the opportunity to challenge themselves over a series of six 5K runs.
The races take place on Tuesday evenings between the start of May and the end of July. They are closed races, which means only members of participating clubs are allowed to run. The participating clubs are currently:
- Burnham Joggers
- Cookham Running Club
- Datchet Dashers
- Handy Cross Runners
- Maidenhead Athletic Club
- Marlow Striders
- Wargrave Runners.
The local Running Sisters groups are also invited to attend; however, they do not host races.
One of the key aims of the 5K Series is to provide a social atmosphere for clubs to meet, and to allow runners from different clubs to get to know one another. The hosting club provides refreshments and the course route. Some courses are road races and others are mixed terrain, while one is entirely off road. Most importantly of all, they are all FUN!
The series organiser for Maidenhead Athletic Club is Jon Oliver: email@example.com
5k Handicap results are here: MAC 5k Handicap Results 2018
Congratulations to the winners!
Provisional results are here and will be emailed out to members as soon as practical after they are received from the host club. Once finalised they will be posted on the TVARC results page along with all historical results since 1992. Age categories are determined based on age at the date of the first event of the series. The series also contributes to two categories of awards – a dedicated 5K category plus the series also counts as one event of the club championship. Read more about the awards here.
Confirmed dates are shown below. All races start at 7:30pm unless otherwise notified):
Tuesday 22 May – Cookham – Cookham 5k instruction 2018 |
Tuesday 5 June – Marlow – Marlow 5k Event Details
Tuesday 19 June – Maidenhead – TVARC Maidenhead 5k instructions 2018
Tuesday 26 June – Handy Cross – Handy Cross 5K 2018 instructions
Tuesday 10 July – Datchet – The Datchet 5K 2018 – Directions
Tuesday 24 July – MAC only Handicap Race – Details and Enter Here
Rules for entry
The 5k series is a social series between members of the participating clubs and not run under any form of UKA licence. Its continued success depends on all clubs’ members observing the following simple set or rules.
- Each member of participating clubs is entitled to one entry, valid for the entire series.
- First or second claim members of participating clubs may represent their club.
- Members who are 1st and 2nd claim at two clubs in TVARC may represent their first claim club only.
- Senior members and Junior aged 12 and over are able to participate. Strictly no under 12s.
- Members of the host club may race in their home fixture only at the discretion of the 5K Representative.
- Members must have paid their membership fees and 5k series fees in order to participate.
Registration, Fees & Kit
- Numbers are available from the 5K Representative on any club evening prior to the start of the series, or on the night of each race.
- Member entries are charged at £7.00 for the entire series, no matter how many races you run, or a one-off £2.00 charge for a single race only.
- All club members must wear club kit.
- Members must retain their number for all races in the series.
- Emergency details on reverse of numbers should be completed.
- No headphones – most races are on public roads
- Minimum age is 12 years on the day of the race – no exceptions due to safety.
- Each club member is entitled to bring a guest to a race in the series, either as a one off (visiting family or friend) or as an introduction to a prospective club member.
- Junior parents can participate in the series.
- Club members must notify the 5K Representative of their guest prior to the race.
- Guest entry fee is £3.00 per race.
Members are requested to adhere to these rules in order that this successful race series can continue in its current form.